Water Conservation Educators - All Ages
Most brochures are available on-line by clicking the title below. Hard copies or copies to distribute to your organization are available from the Office of the State Engineer. Please email request to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-WATERNM.
- Coyote Tales
- Grades Pre-K-1. Two booklets (available both in English and Spanish) and a teacher's guide feature Coyote in water fables. Loosely based on tales from New Mexico's native people. They are fun for the kids to color while learning valuable lesson's about New Mexico's water. Classroom sets are available. This booklet is not available on-line.
- Rio! The Water Detective Middle School
- Discover the Waters of New Mexico - Project WET Kids in Discovery Series
- Grades 4-7. This 14-page color booklet includes fun facts, background information, games, science experiments, and more. Created in bright colors with great graphics and published by Project Wet USA, a not-for-profit program of the Project WET International Foundation. This booklet is not available on-line. To order hard copies, please use order form or e-mail.
- Conserve Water
- Grades 4-6. Published by The Watercourse at Montana State University through a grant from the U. S. Bureau of Reclamation, Conserve Water is a fun color booklet that teaches water conservation through interaction and games. It weaves water conservation into science, language arts and geography to make learning fun and interdisciplinary. Classroom sets are available. To order hard copies, please use order form or e-mail. This booklet is not available on-line.
- Agua Action
- Learning to Xeriscape: A Hands-On, Problem-Solving Curriculum for Mid- and High-School Students
- Learning to Xeriscape: A Hands-On, Problem-Solving Curriculum for Mid- and High-School Students - Correlation to State of New Mexico Department of Education Content Standards, Benchmarks, and Performaance Standards
- Results of the Teacher Survey for the 2000 - 2001 School Year.